Dietrich Mateschitz – Family , Family Tree

by Jessica Sara

Dietrich Mateschitz is an Austrian businessman and philanthropist. He is best known as the founder of the energy drink manufacturing company called Red Bull. Mateschitz was born on May 20th 1944, in Sankt Marein im Murztal, Styria region of Austria. He is of Croatian ancestry and apart from being highly business oriented, he enjoys flying planes.

Dietrich Mateschitz

He owns the Falcon 900 and Piper Super Cub jets and also a pilot’s license. It is known that it took him a total of 10 years to graduate from Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration. He is known to donate generously for many causes for the betterment of the society and the people.

Let us now take a look at the magnificent Mateschitz Family

Mateschitz Parents

Dietrich Mateschitz’s parents were from the working middle class Austrian family. They had Croatian ancestry and worked as primary school teachers to support the household. Together they had Dietrich as their son, and separated when he was really small.

Mateschitz Spouse

Mateschitz never has been married in his life so far.

Mateschitz Children – Marc Gerhardter

Anita Gerhardter

He has only one son named Marc, who was born from a relationship that lasted only two years with a former ski instructor, Anita. He was born in the year 1992. Marc’s mother is currently the head of Mateschitz Foundation Wings for Life, which is a non-profit organization started by Dietrich.

Mateschitz Partner – Marion Feichtner

Marion Feichtner

Dietrich is currently dating Marion Feichtner. The two have been together for a long time now.

Net Worth

As of 2015, Dietrich Mateschitz has a net worth of 12.1 billion USD. This makes him the 116th richest person in the world and the richest man in all of Austria.

Dietrich Mateschitz Image

Dietrich is known for being a marketing genius. After his graduation, he started working for Unilever, where he marketed detergents. After that, he moved on to Procter and Gamble where he marketed toothpastes. It was only while traveling on assignments for this company that he discovered the Thai drink, Krating Daeng and later went on to produce his own and sell it as the Red Bull Energy drink, to the world. With his Thai partners Chaleo and Chalerm Yoovidhya, he established the company Red Bull GmbH. He owns 49% stake in shares, while the Yoovidhyas are owners of the rest 51%. Dietrich is known to be a very private person, but it is no secret that he likes leading a life full of luxury. He also owns the Red Bull Racing Formula One Team.