Pan Sutong was born in the year 1963 in Shaoguan, China. He is a 53 year old real estate businessman and entrepreneur.
He is the Founder of Matsunichi Digital Holdings Limited and he is also the Chairman of Goldin Real Estate Financial Holdings Limited. He is acknowledged as a self-made man with businesses in the real estate, finance and wine industries.
He is listed under the top 10 richest people in Hong Kong.
Grandmother of Pan Sutong:
Until the age of 13, Pan was brought up by his paternal-grandmother. She died from cancer in the year 1976. Later the same year, he went to California and started living with his step-grandmother.
Daughter of Pan Sutong:
Pan Sutong’s passion for wine led his daughter to develop an interest in the same field. His daughter Jenny Pan is presently in Napa Valley learning the winemaking technique in her father’s vineyard. She is supervising the quality of wines living in the estate to ensure high-quality production.
Early life and Education of Pan Sutong:
Pan Sutong is a high school dropout and thus he is not very fluent in English language too. After staying in California for a long time, he returned to China in 1984. He planned to set up a business and took a loan from his parents. Soon he started ‘Matsunichi Color Display’ which was an electronics company that traded with other electronic brands.
He expanded his business and in 1993, he founded Matsunichi Color Display Monitor Company Limited which dealt with home appliances. By the year 2007, he started looking for business opportunities outside electronics industry and started investing in the real estate market. Finally in September 2008, his real estate company was named as Goldin Properties Holdings Limited which was later renamed as Goldin Financial Holdings Limited.
Goldin Financial Holdings Ltd. Was founded on 11th May 1992. It is an investment holding company which deals in factoring services, financial investments, wine trading and real estate. The company was founded on May 11, 1992 and is headquartered in Hong Kong. Pan Sutong is the non-executive Director and Chairman of the Board, the Chief Executive Officer, the Chairman of the Nomination Committee, the Chairman of the Executive Committee and a member of the Remuneration Committee of Goldin Properties Holdings Limited.
Interests of Pan Sutong:
- He is an ardent polo lover and is also the Chairman of the Hong Kong Polo Development and Promotion Federation and Vice President of the Federation of International Polo.
- In the year 2011 he brought some of the most expensive breeds of horses like Tailwind, Gold-fun, Consort, Etc. He is the founder the Tianjin Goldin Metropolitan Polo Club which includes three polo fields and stables for around 300 horses. He also owns a stud farm in South Australia.
- Pan Sutong has a passion for wine. In 2011 his company Goldin Group bought a 40-acre winery in the Napa Valley and produces wine with the label ‘Asterisk’.
Philanthropic Contributions of Pan Sutong:
- Pan Sutong is the Chairman of the non-profit-making Hong Kong Polo Development and Promotion Federation.
- He established an education fund in the year 2004 to help students and so far over thousand students have benefited from it.
- He funded the construction of the teaching complex at Beijian Middle School in 2014.
- He contributed towards the research of colon cancer to Hong Kong University’s Medical School.
- From 2012, The Goldin Group has sponsored a charity cup hosted by the Beaufort Polo Club in Britain.
- Pan Sutong made a donation toward the renewal project of a Chinese-style gallery in Paris’ ‘Louvre Museum’ to improve the relations between China and France.
- He donated $1.3 million to establish the ‘Pan Sutong Shanghai-Hong Kong Economic Policy Research Centre’ at the Lingnan University to focus on research of economic and financial development issues of China and Hong Kong.
Accomplishments of Pan Sutong:
- Vice President of the Federation of International Polo (FIP).
- Chairman of the Hong Kong Polo Development and Promotion Federation (HKPDPF).
- He owned a professional football club between 1995 and 2000 which was called Guangzhou Matsunichi F.C.
- In December 2012, Pan Sutong was elected as Vice President of the Federation of International Polo in the FIP Annual General Meeting.
Net Worth of Pan Sutong:
Pan Sutong’s net worth is about $4.1 billion. According to Forbes, he was at rank 153 in the 2015 World Billionaire’s list. In 2016, he was in the list of Top Billionaires at rank 205. He is also recognized as Hong Kong’s top 50 richest men in the year 2017.